The Young Writers Newsletter Short Story Competition 2018!
The winner will receive a signed copy of ‘Claudia’s Special Wish’ by Wendy Hobbs
How to enter:
Write a short story on a subject of your choice and send it in to firstname.lastname@example.org (please put ‘Short Story Competition’ in the subject line). The story must be your own work.
Open to anyone 18 years old and under.
All submissions we receive will be judged by author Wendy Hobbs!
A donation to charity Dreams and Wishes at https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/youngwriterscompetition
All entries to be received by:
1st June 2018
The winner will be announced on 1st August 2018!
Good luck and get writing!
- All entries are judged anonymously, and the authors name must not appear on the short story itself. Please state your age on the first page and word count.
- All short stories must have a title and must not exceed 800 words in length (excluding title). Entries can be on any subject.
- Short stories must be the original work of the entrant.
- Entries must not have been published, self-published, published on a website, broadcast or featured among the winners in another competition before 1 May 2018.
- Handwritten & postal entries cannot be accepted. Entries can only be accepted by email. They should be sent as an attachment in Microsoft word 12pt. and double spaced.
- Entries must be written in English.
- The winner who provides a valid email address will be notified about the outcome of their entry by the end of July 2018.
- The copyright of each short story remains with the author. However, the author of the winning story, by entering the competition, grant the Young Writers Newsletter the right to publish and/or broadcast their short story. Use of the story elsewhere for one year from 1st June 2018 is subject to permission from The Young Writers Newsletter.
- No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Judges decision is final.
Your entry will not be valid without a donation